So if you are asking yourself how to get training for the Texas License to Carry? Then continue reading.
If you want to get Your Texas LTC you may attend LTC classroom training and demonstrate handgun proficiency (shooting) with a Texas Qualified LTC Instructor
You may receive LTC online training (classroom only) through an Approved Online Course Provider who has been approved in Texas. After, successfully passing the online classroom portion, an applicant must attend 1-2 hours of range instruction class and demonstrate handgun proficiency (shooting) with a Texas Qualified LTC Instructor.
LTC training course is not how to shoot class:
In order To get your Texas License to carry first thing you need to do is to prove to the state of Texas that you are safe and confident with your firearm. It is expected that you have already achieved a minimum safe level of proficiency with your handgun, including loading, unloading, slide or cylinder manipulation, proper use of safety devices, and operational controls. You get to shoot 50 rounds for proficiency.
Note: No optical enhancer will be allowed for the applicants of License to carry. You have to use open sights; you can’t use optics or red dots or anything.
During the proficiency test, you will be expected to be safe while handling their firearms which are part of the test.
- Students who cannot meet these standards will fail the proficiency test and will need to retest at later date.
- Prospective students who have little handgun experience are encouraged to visit the range prior to class and take a 20 Minute Training Class or schedule an Introduction to Handguns 2-1/2 hour personal instruction class.
- But if you have no shooting experience and you need an introductory course, than it is recommended that you should sign up for the LTC prep class to get training for the Texas License to carry. This class offers the shooting portion only of the LTC course. You must have completed the online course, if you choose this course. You will also need to provide tour LTC101 to the instructor for completion of the course.
Note: All handguns will be inspected by instructors for the safety of the shooter, instructors, and other students. Unsafe handguns will not be allowed for the shooting proficiency test. Any student not following safe gun handling procedures on the range or in the classroom will be ask to leave the classroom and range. NO REFUNDS for safety violations.
- Handgun gun
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Safety glasses, hearing protection for use during range qualification.
Number of Rounds Fired:
- The shooting test requires 50 rounds of ammunition
License-To-Carry Shooting Proficiency Distances:
The LTC shooting test is fired at three distances:
- 3 yards – 20 rounds fired
- 7 yards – 20 rounds fired
- 15 yards – 10 rounds fired
LTC Passing Score:
The Texas LTC shooting test passing score is 175 points out of 250 points or a score of 70%. The state allows for three chances to pass the shooting test.
Originally posted on May 12, 2022 @ 9:00 am