Are you wondering that Is it Important to Get your Texas License to Carry?
or whether you should pursue an LTC at all now that you have a constitutional carry in Texas?
18-20 Year Olds Apply now to get you Concealed Carry and Start with our Texas LTC Online Class
The new age requirement for the Texas License to Carry – Texas Concealed Carry is now only 18 years old per Federal Court Ruling.
Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. et. al., v. Steven McCraw, et. al., No. 4:21-cv-1245-P
The answer is definitely yes, Texas LTC is important to have. Despite the fact that Texas now has constitutional carry, the Texas Government Code Subchapter H Chapter 411.172 remains in full force and effect. We did not lose our Texas LTCs, and you can still obtain one. And if you already have LTC, you should renew it immediately because it is still in effect. And we believe that possessing the Texas License to carry has a number of advantages. Simply put as a license holder, you have more privileges. Plus, you gain additional benefits and protections. So, yes it is important to get your Texas LTC.
- The first one is the most obvious reason and that is that LTC provides legal protections that allow people to keep a gun for their safety purpose.
- It is important to get your Texas LTC because LTC License holders also have protections related to the accidental carrying of a firearm in a secured area. For example at the airport; if you accidentally bring your firearm with you into that security screening checkpoint you’ll be afforded that opportunity to go put that firearm away without being arrested or fined you won’t be provided that opportunity under permit-less carry.
- There are places in laws that are prohibited from carrying guns but they’re only prohibited with a permit less carry under license to carry you can conceal carry there. For example, in federal gun-free school zones under permanence carry you can’t go within a thousand feet of that school with your firearm. But with a license to carry you can walk onto that campus with your concealed firearm for example to pick up your child.
- There are no background checks for LTC holders when purchasing firearms. The license can be checked as an alternative to the National Instant Background Check System (NICS) check.
- One of the best advantages of a License to carry is that Texas LTC holders can carry firearms in states where Texas has reciprocity agreements or state law recognizes the Texas Handgun license. 37 other states recognize the Texas licensed carry when traveling.
- A major benefit of having the LTC means purchasing handguns from a Federal Firearms Licensee (“FFL”) is a smooth transaction because it does not require an “FBI” instant check.
- Most private property owners in Texas have the authority to decide whether or not to allow guns on their property. If they want to ban guns, they must generally notify the public by posting specific signs or in some other way. They can exclude people carrying a gun under permanent carry but not under a license to carry.
Thus, it is unquestionably important to get your Texas License to carry even though Texas now has constitutional carry. Anyone serious about carrying will recognize the value of obtaining a Texas License to carry and they will continue to obtain a Texas License to carry because it imposes fewer restrictions, allows for carrying in more locations, and provides legal protection.
When you’re ready to get your Texas License to Carry (LTC), make sure you choose a premier training provider. Conceal Carry Academy is committed to offering the best firearms training possible. When they need information on firearms safety or they want to take a Texas LTC class, gun owners trust the expertise of the pros from Conceal Carry Academy. If you have questions about any aspect of gun ownership in Texas, contact us today!