Texas Online License to Carry
Save your gas Money and take our Texas Online License to Carry
It is now easier than ever before to obtain your License to Carry in the State of Texas.
With online classes now available, you no longer need to sit in a 6-hour class being lectured about all there is to know regarding firearms.
Now, you can take your online License to Carry class in parts in the form of short 15–20-minute video lesson modules that will teach you bit by bit what you need to know.
This is amazing as you are not flooded with a ton of information and then tested on it. You can watch each module at your convenience, and you can pick up where you left off as progress is saved after you finish each module.
Who can take the Texas Online License to Carry class?
Under Texas law, carrying both concealed and open is allowed with an LTC, however, you must first qualify to apply and take the class.
These general requirements include but are not limited to:
- You must be at least 21 years of age in order to part take in the live-fire shooting test. (18 if Active-Duty Military)
- You must pass a mandatory background check in order to determine if you are all good for a firearm. (Recent Criminal and certain overdue payments to the government may result in a background check failing, Check DPS for more specific details)
- You must pass both the gun laws and regulation exam as well as the live-fire test with an instructor present (Note: Both must be completed, not one or the other in order to qualify for a License to Carry)(There are range exemptions)
- You must be determined mentally competent, having the ability to make clear, sound judgment
- Your criminal history should be clean of any felonies or other crimes.
These are just the overhead general rules for anyone in the state of Texas to even qualify for applying to get a License to Carry.
There are more specific rules and special situations when trying to get your License to Carry online.
After qualifying, you can then take the classroom portion in modules and after passing it, you can then attend a live-fire test under the supervision of a live-fire instructor. Some people are exempt from the shooting portion and all they are ready to apply immediately after completing our online license to carry class. You can Contact Us for more info.
By taking the course online, you have little paperwork to fill in as most of it is online, making your life easier.
Taking the steps today to get yourself a License to Carry will save you loads of time later on, whether it be purchasing another handgun, going places, background checks, law enforcement stops, etc.
Texas LTC State License Fee
The Texas Online License to Carry Class is a great way to get your license and start carrying the firearm that suits you best. You’ll apply online, pay an applicable fee (which changes depending on which type of applicant you are), then receive your permit in mail within about 60 business days!
- Standard $40
- Active Duty Military $0
- Veteran $25
- State Correctional Officer $0
- County Jailer $0
The above fees are separate from your class fee and are payed directly to the State for a 5 year LTC.